It seems like just a week ago I was posting Wayne’s World .GIFs and expecting all of you guys to be as excited about my kick-ass week as I was…Anyway, I hope life is treating you well. Might I add that you look lovely today.
- Like most people between the ages of 1 and 99, I am wont to say “Oh, yeah, I watch Saturday Night Live!” And like most people, by that statement I actually mean “Oh, yeah, I watch it sometimes when I remember it exists.” Despite its cultural significance, the show seems to have lost the edge and relevance it once held. This article takes a look at SNL past and present, and how the show needs to change if it hopes to live up to its reputation.
- Via the Los Angeles Times: “Today’s anarchists are just brats in black” Though I think it’s unfair to assume the intellectual/political motives of each individual in such large movements, there is certainly a valid underlying argument. That, and Emma Goldman is my hero.
- “An Absolutely Essential Security Device for Anyone Living With Roommates” — It’s not what you’d expect, but I think I am going to buy 10 anyway.
- Feeling adventurous? Check out “10 Unbelievably Beautiful Places You’ve Probably Never Heard of” If anyone is up for a roadtrip to Arizona, I could not be more in.
- For all y’all hockey fans out there, this is a really cool tool that allows you to view attendance rankings and a bunch of other cool stats from virtually every North American league.
- THIS IS RAD. I haven’t used that word to describe anything in a long time, but this is officially rad. Check it out: 8-Bit Radiohead.
- If you’re looking for something creative, simple, and refrigerator-cleaning to cook this week. Try this recipe for Pasta with peas and parsley-walnut pesto (and then bring me some).
- For the gents…Summer Fashion for Men. A fantastically cut and dry article that covers just about everything. Though, if you want to avoid looking like a douche, please don’t heed any advice on the “male gladiators.” Ever.
What’s crackin’ with you fine people this week? Any exciting news? Any grand goals? What’s up?